Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Night

 It happened as midnight drew near.  I heard a noise that brought fear.  From the livingroom I heard a muffled yell.  I just had to go into to the livingroom so I could tell.  What it was, what could it be, that made that muffled scream.  My heart racing, but still had to know, so onward I go.  When I reached the livingroom to my surprise,  Santa Claus stood before my eyes.  He said "I didn't me to wake you,  I stubbed my toe.  Now it hurts as you know"  We laughed,  I went back to bed, with the thoughts of presents dancing in my head.  When I woke up a note I found.  "It was nice to meet you" is all it said.   An autographed picture was included beside.  Even though it was just a photo, I thought I saw a twinkle in his eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fiddle

  Hey diddle diddle Play drums and the fiddle Dance and howl at the moon  The old man laughed to see what sport He knows the syn will be up ...