Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Night

 It happened as midnight drew near.  I heard a noise that brought fear.  From the livingroom I heard a muffled yell.  I just had to go into to the livingroom so I could tell.  What it was, what could it be, that made that muffled scream.  My heart racing, but still had to know, so onward I go.  When I reached the livingroom to my surprise,  Santa Claus stood before my eyes.  He said "I didn't me to wake you,  I stubbed my toe.  Now it hurts as you know"  We laughed,  I went back to bed, with the thoughts of presents dancing in my head.  When I woke up a note I found.  "It was nice to meet you" is all it said.   An autographed picture was included beside.  Even though it was just a photo, I thought I saw a twinkle in his eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning

  The sun rises over the water Over the horizon  A new day has begun  Make every moment count Waste nothing Live Laugh Love Be who you truly...