Sunday, September 1, 2024

Under my Shadow

 


I was walking one day

And noticed my shadow following me

Being an adult with a walking stick 

I stopped and looked at my shadow 

I then gently took my walking stick 

Lifting up the edge of my shadow 

What did I see

The smaller,  younger, child that I used to be


He said in a child's voice" you grew up and left me behind. I have been living in your shadow this whole time."

I felt sad and a little ashamed 

I had never ment to put the child side of me away

However that is the way of the adult world it seems 

Work our life away and forget about our dreams


It shouldn't be that way

There has to be a better way

Be the adult 

But not leave behind the child inside 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream

  Your bed is calling  Can you hear it Your bed is calling  Will you answer  Adventure awaits It's only a dream away Swashbuckling pirat...