Saturday, May 30, 2026

My child

 My child 
A wheelchair I have 
But once
I ran
I played
Chased cows
Built fence 
Hauled hay
My child
Not that long ago 
I was like you
Free to be
Wild and true

My child
Then it happened 
I woke one morning 
I forgot how to move
But before that 
You couldn't keep me down for long 
I was ready
I was willing 
I just wanted to go 

Then like I said 
One day poof no walky
I stumbled 
I fell
Last November 
Was the last time
I moved on my own

My child 
Sure there were treadmills
There have been walkers
But
Nothing like it was

I have made progress over time
But I still have a long way to go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fiddle

  Hey diddle diddle Play drums and the fiddle Dance and howl at the moon  The old man laughed to see what sport He knows the syn will be up ...