Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Monsters

Mommy the monster is back

Honey I keep telling you it is all in your head

But I will check one more time

No monsters under your bed

No monsters in your closet

Now try to get some sleep


Mommy’s wrong

The monster’s are not just in my head

But all around me


Bullies

Mom and dad fighting

Are just the normal stuff


Abuse and rape

Sexually

Physically

Emotionally


No mom the monster is not just in my head

It lives

It breathes

Day after day it stacks me

Waiting for a time to strike


The face of the monster

Is comprised of everyone I have ever known


No mom the monster is real

You and dad just fail to see it


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream

  Your bed is calling  Can you hear it Your bed is calling  Will you answer  Adventure awaits It's only a dream away Swashbuckling pirat...